Share your views on NHS health services for veterans
As a veteran, have you used NHS mental or physical health services in England? If so, the NHS needs your input to improve these services.
For instance, what are your opinions on improving support for substance misuse and gambling addictions? Have you experienced any issues in accessing treatment?
You are invited to quickly share experiences by completing a new survey. Feedback from the following participants is especially relevant, although anyone can take part:
– People who have served in the UK Armed Forces (reservist or regular) and have used or are currently using NHS veterans services in England
– Veterans with a mental and / or physical health condition who have not sought or received healthcare, treatment or support
– Family members and carers of the above
– Staff and organisations that are providing healthcare, treatment or support for veterans and their families.
NHS England, and NHS Improvement England, are particularly keen to hear about experiences of using Op COURAGE: The Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Service. Plus the Veterans Trauma Network (VTN), which is for Service-related physical health conditions.
Op COURAGE: The Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Service is the collective name for the:
– Veterans Mental Health Transition, Intervention and Liaison Service (TILS).
– Veterans Mental Health Complex Treatment Service (CTS).
– Veterans Mental Health High Intensity Service (HIS).
Contracts for the three services within Op COURAGE will end in March 2023. And the NHS needs to make arrangements for new service contracts from April 2023.
It is proposed that Op COURAGE will continue to be delivered in partnership with a range of organisations from across the NHS, Armed Forces charities and the wider charitable sector.
As the need for the VTN becomes greater, the NHS is also looking at future arrangements on how it can improve care and treatment for veterans.
The survey closes on the 22nd May, 2022. If you need more information please contact the NHS by email
The link below takes you to more information and through to the survey.